Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Journal #1


September 10th,
Today was my first day of school, and it was suppose to be my best day of my life! I was so excited that I couldn’t wait this day to come! But, everything went wrong in just a few hours. When I was walking to school with Jem, he told me not to bother him in school.
Next, my teacher, Miss Caroline have to dislike me for knowing too much of literature and told me not to learn at home from Atticus; but Atticus wasn’t even the one teaching me! How can he stop when he didn’t even start? Just because I know how to read the alphabets, the book “My First Reader” and “The Mobile Register” fluently, doesn’t mean I can’t learn at home. Although Jem had told me that Miss Caroline was just trying to teach us the new way of learning. I never thought it was necessary to order me to not learn at home. Before, I always thought that school would be really interesting and I could learn new things and expand my knowledge. Instead, we have to learn alphabets and hear her read words like “the”, “rat”, “cat”, “man” and “you”. Learning all these easy words, made me bored that I couldn’t even bare to listen anymore.
 Lastly, I got smacked on the hand for just telling the truth? I was just trying to explain to her why she shouldn’t give money to Cunningham, since he’s poor and would never have enough money to pay her back. Instead she has to think that I was saying bad things about other classmates. After that, I realized how innocent Miss Caroline is and I pity her for not knowing how Maycomb County was like.

No comments:

Post a Comment