Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Journal #10


October 31st,
Today was Halloween, and it was the most dramatic, fun, dangerous day I ever had! When the sky was dark, me and Jem walked to school. As we were near the Radley house, Cecil came scaring us, I was scared to death! When we were at school, I realized I forgot my money!! I can’t believe I left my money, but thanks to Jem, he was sincere enough to give me thirty cents for me to play games. Afterwards, me and Cecil went around and played 6 games, and I had a lot of fun.
When we went back to the backstage, I have to listen to Mrs. Merriweather give us half an hour of instructions, and I didn’t know a word she said, all I did was listen to the background noise without caring what she said. As I slept, I missed my part and went on stage without any idea what was going on, I was so embarrassed.
When it ended, me and Jem walked back together, and it was really creepy. I couldn’t see a single thing in the dark, and there were weird sounds coming from somewhere. It started to make me nervous, especially when Jem told me somebody was following us. But then, I thought of Cecil Jacobs and figured it must be him! So I called out loud that he was a hig wet he-en, but not even a word came out. Therefore, me and Jem ran for it.
As I was running, I fell and yelled for Jem with fright. I was confused, my costume went crushed, Jem got beaten and I was choked as if I was about to die. As he was choking me, I felt like my life was just going to end like that. Then suddenly, he was on the ground and breathing hard and making weird noise, I thought it was Jem who saved me. Apparently at that time, it was too dark to see what was going on and everything happened too fast, so I didn’t know what was happening. Later on, Atticus found us, and brought us back home, I realized Jem was not reacting. Although, this was supposed to be scary, I didn’t feel anything, I was as calm as the wind blowing across the grass. Maybe it was because I was home, and I felt safe again. Then with realization, I started to panic, I was scared that Jem was dead. So I started asking Dr. Reynolds if he died or not, he said no, and I was all loosen up.
Mr. Tate came in and said Mr. Ewell was dead under the tree. I was shocked, it was actually Mr. Ewell who tried to kill me and Jem? Why? We don’t even know him, why would he kill us? My head started asking many questions that I was really curious. So, I sat and listened to Atticus and Mr. Tate talk. Later on, I told them about it, and Atticus started accusing Jem for killing Mr. Ewell, but Mr. Tate proved wrong of Atticus’ belief. I was glad that Mr. Tate had proved Atticus wrong, because I don’t believe Jem could have killed him. He was considerate; for instance, he told me not to kill the bug that I was going to squash, and he gave me money to play games today. How could he do such a thing?
Later on, BOB RADLEY CAME! I always wanted to see him in person and I finally did, I was so happy, but I feel sorry for Jem that he couldn’t see him. After he came, I understand his body movements, and I started to understand him more. I understood that he was a really nice person, and I think he was the one who saved us by pulling Mr. Ewell from killing me.
I felt really exhausted after all these things happened. It made today felt like it was the longest day I ever had.

1 comment: