Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Journal #2


June 20th,
                It was already near summer, and tomorrow Dill is coming back! Tomorrow will be the most wonderful day ever!  I waited for so long for Dill to come back, since I haven’t seen him for quite a long time, I miss him so much that I can’t wait seeing him tomorrow!
                Although tomorrow will be a day worth waiting for, today was surprisingly exciting too! Since, today was our last day and we found a few more even unique objects there. After that day, when I found two pieces of bubble gum, I always showed Jem where I found my gum. Then today, we finally saw something amazing inside the oak tree hole. When Jem reached up to the hole, I was nervous; I wondered if there were more bubble gum pieces that I can chew on. But then, when he grabbed it and took it down, it was a surprise that it was a box with stuff in it. When we opened the box, there was something shinning as though it was the sun, there was two pennies in there! These two pennies were so old; it was actually worth more if we sell it to somebody.
                Everything was so surprising and mysterious, we didn’t know who would put such things in a tree hole, and we know it belongs to somebody, but who? Who would put such valuable things to them, in a tree? I guess we will know afterwards, when we ask everybody who it was after school starts.

               

No comments:

Post a Comment