Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Journal #5


December  10th,
It is already winter, and today, I made a big discovery! When I woke up this morning, I was so scared. Everything outside my house was WHITE! I couldn’t see a speck of grass nor leaves nor flowers. So, my heart started pounding like I just finished running 10 miles, I yelled and screamed, “IT IS THE END OF THE WORLD!!!” To my surprise, it wasn’t. Apparently, Maycomb County hasn’t snowed since 1885, so it was rare to see this white stuff called “snow”.  I was thankful that the world wasn’t ending. After realizing it was snow, Atticus told me to dress warm, so we can play outside.
                When I walked outside, I stepped on the soggy snow, it was like miracle, and examined every step I took and there was foot prints. When I breathed through the cold air, there was a thin layer of air coming out. Everything was so unknown, I was so happy, so I slide down the road with Jem.
                Little by little, Miss Maurdie explained things to me and I started understanding the nature of actual winter. Everything was so glamorous and beautiful, it was like a dream. I would never forget today, the most wonderful day I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment