Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Journal #8


July 21st,
                Today was Saturday, and it was already a few days since aunt Alexandra came. Since the day Aunt Alexandra came, not a day was fun, everyday she always complains to me that I act like a boy. Today was even worst. Since I went to church with Culpurnia last Sunday, I wanted to go again, so I asked Atticus. But then, she has to say no, even though I didn’t ask her! I was outrageously mad at her. Why is she always saying no? Why does she always want me to be a “proper lady”? Why does she always have to say something when I wasn’t even talking to her? So I furiously yelled that I’m not talking to her, and I have to say sorry for being rude. Why do I have to say sorry if I wasn’t even talking to her? It is so not fair! I didn’t even do anything wrong! After I heard Aunt Alexandra saying, “You got to do something about her,” to Atticus. I was confused who she was talking about, until I realized it was me. When I heard that, I felt pain, useless, and miserable, it was my second time feeling this and I don’t want to feel this again.
                Although that afternoon was a nightmare, I was lucky enough to find Dill under my bed! I was so glad to see him, I missed him so much! Although I was really excited he was here, I was surprised that he said he ran away from home. I always thought his new father would be an excellent man like Atticus, and Dill would have a lot of fun with him. To my surprise, he ran away because his parents didn’t do anything they promised him. Instead they were always busy doing something else, and didn’t have the time to be with him. I started to think that I was very lucky and I would wonder if Atticus and Jem were ignoring me, what would happen to me? Although, I was very curious, I may never know, since I have such a great family.  

No comments:

Post a Comment